Sunday, July 13, 2014

BC surgery on 6/24/14

I'm very thankful to report all went well!

We have a rule at our house if the kids can't eat or drink we don't either, we think that's only fair!

I broke the rule ;( only when he wasn't looking! 
I really did feel horrible, but at the time I thought if I don't drink something I'm going to be in the bathroom sick ;(

I woke up the morning of surgery and thought I was going to be sick. Now I know it was just nerves! BC has had 6 surgeries now and 3 of those were tubes, which after the first set you realize it's a pretty minor/common surgery! But this time I was a lil more worries because they couldn't do it laparoscopic, so he has a lil over a one inch incision!

Here is the IV bag that was on his bed

When we got there he was playing his tablet and did very well in pre-op! The surgery center is hands down the best staff of any surgery center! They have kids look for their lost pretend puppy so there are no tears and kids usually want to go help! Well BC wanted to find that puppy! He willing left with anestisiaolgist and they asked him if he wanted a fast ride to the OR or nice and easy and he ofcourse picked fast, then proceeded to tell the dr he wasn't going fast enough! 
That's our boy!

We forgot to ask how long surgery would last, so I started to get super worried after 30 mins, once he had been back in surgery for 45 mins I think I started to go into panic mode! Thankfully Brandon is the calm one! He helps me more then he knows, after 50 mins they called us back to consult room and everything went well!

He was up and doing a puzzle later that evening with dad!
A big thanks to Mrs Sarah that works with me for his goody basket! That basket saved us! He loved everything in it, and even shared with his big brother!
Sorry for the blurry picture he was still kind of thrashing around from just waking up!
My heart went out to him for sure! They just don't understand the anestisia!

Also a big thanks to mom Nini for his cash and goody basket and to Nana for his cash!

Lil boy racked up for this surgery!

The dr said a 4-6 week recovery doing nothing but up and off the couch to go potty! Well sorry dr, we tried our best but you didn't give us a straight jacket to keep him in so he has played ever since!
We are keeping him off the trampoline and not letting him play baseball, but I can't keep the boy down!

BC had to go to the ER on 7/4/14 for a possible fractured left arm! More on that later!


No comments:

Post a Comment